Monday, July 30, 2012

NS Yoonji, the Next Sexy Queen

She moved to America with her parents when she was in elementary school, and ended up getting accepted to UCLA′s dance program - but decided to turn in a leave of absence to fulfill her dream of becoming a singer in Korea.

Though she already had the basics in dance that she had learned when she was younger, she succeeded in becoming a skilled solo dance singer by learning more about how to pop and break-dance from famed dancer Poppin Hyun Joon.



In a scene full of girl groups, NS Yoonji stands out with her single Got You from her new album Skinship. She fills alone a stage that is usually full of five or six girl group members dancing to the same moves, which means she may have the potential to follow Uhm Jung Hwa, Lee Hyori and Son Dambi as the next sexy queen.

“I’m still far behind,” she said though. “I’m honored to even be compared to those talented seniors. I do have a goal; I want to be one of the first five that come to people’s minds when they think of Korea’s biggest solo female singers.”

This summer especially saw a great number of comebacks from big names such as Psy, 2NE1, BoA and B2ST. The competition is fierce not only on download charts, but also on music shows. It could’ve been burdensome to NS Yoonji, who dreamed this time of making herself more known among the public to take another big step forward. She was, however, calm, even excited, about the situation.

“It feels great to promote at the same time as [those seniors]. Our genres don’t overlap anyway (Laugh). I’ll be happy if someone who watches a music program to watch them gets a glimpse of how I perform too.”



While many singers mostly aim to get one more chance to appear on TV and get themselves more known through acting, NS Yoonji walks her one path as a singer. She did receive acting lessons ever since she was in training to polish her acting skills. This helps her follow in the footsteps of her role model, Uhm Jung Hwa.

“I do dream of being an actress, but I’ve never even tried yet. It will be good to broaden my sights to acting, but I also take acting lessons to perfect my performance as a singer. I always say my role model is Uhm Jung Hwa, and that’s because her singing, dancing and acting are perfect onstage. When I watch her perform, it’s like I’m watching a perfected piece.”

Having a boyfriend would help with those emotions, but ever since she broke up with her boyfriend when she returned to Korea from America, she’s been single for years. Her agency doesn’t stop her from entering relationships, it even recommends it, but she says “it’s not easy to start.”

“Whenever I have time I just rest at home and talk to Coco, [my dog]. I’m so used to living a laid back life, wearing shirts and training suits and ordering food. I don’t believe in fateful love and I don’t cling to relationships. I just want a man that I can hold a conversation with… but I’m not in a rush. I just think when the chance comes it’ll start up naturally.”

Photo credit: JTM Entertainment



Reporter : Park, HyunMin (gato@cj.net)
[Any copying, republication or redistribution of www.enewsworld.com's content other than for personal uses is expressly prohibited without prior permission from enewsWorld. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.]

[Most Viewed]
- 2PM Nichkhun’s Family Shows Support For Nichkhun
- 2NE1 Cancels Second Single Release, Will Return with New Album in October
- Leeteuk Strips after Super Junior’s Triple Crown Win on ‘M Countdown’
- Psy Brings His ‘Gangnam Style’ To the Top of Billboard’s K-Pop Hot 100 Chart
- BoA will Make Stage Comeback with SHINee’s Taemin on ‘Inkigayo’


No comments:

Post a Comment